Recipes And Companion Dishes To Elevate Your Meals, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Pesto and Tomato Sauce with Walnuts Recipe
This Homemade Pesto and Tomato Sauce with Walnuts is a tasty and simple way to season your favourite pasta dishes. The pesto sauce has a nutty and savoury flavor from the combination of fresh basil, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese, while the tomato sauce has a rich and flavorful flavor from the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Combine the basil, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the food processor is running until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place aside.
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the pesto sauce until thoroughly combined.
- Serve hot over your favourite pasta or as a bread dipping sauce.
The World Sauces Cookbook
1000 Sauces, Dips And Dressings
Hot Sauce Bottles With Leak Proof Screw Caps
Sauces: Classical And Contemporary Sauce Making
Homemade Chilies and Tomato Sauce Recipe
Chili Chicken Sauce with Peppers Recipe
Homemade Vegetarian Salsa Recipe
Homemade Pesto with Wild Garlic and Herbs Recipe