The Home Cook's Guide To New Techniques For Fresh Flavors, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Tartar Sauce with Beer Battered Haddock Recipe
Crispy beer-battered haddock fillets are paired with a tangy and flavorful homemade tartar sauce in this recipe. The batter is made with beer, which gives the fish a subtle richness and depth of flavor. The tartar sauce is a traditional combination of mayonnaise, pickles, capers, and fresh herbs, with a hint of Dijon mustard and lemon juice for brightness. This dish is ideal for a casual dinner or as an appetising party appetiser.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, pickles, capers, parsley, chives, mustard, and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk in the beer gradually until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 375 degrees F.
- Allow any excess batter to drip off the haddock fillets.
- Add the battered fish to the hot oil and fry for 6 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels after removing with a slotted spoon.
- With the homemade tartar sauce, serve the beer-battered haddock.
Hot Sauce Gourmet Gift Set
Dressings: Over 200 Recipes
Hot Sauce Variety Pack
The Art Of The Perfect Sauce
Homemade Olive Oil Recipe
Homemade Chili Sauce in Bowl Recipe
Homemade Pulled Pork BBQ Sauce Recipe
Mexican Pico De Gallo Recipe