The Home Cook's Guide To New Techniques For Fresh Flavors, Shipped Right to Your Door
Sweet Tamarind Chutney Sauce Recipe
This sweet tamarind chutney sauce is a traditional Indian condiment that complements a variety of snacks and appetisers. Tamarind, jaggery (or brown sugar), and spices combine to make a sweet and tangy sauce that is ideal for dipping or drizzling over your favourite dishes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Combine the tamarind pulp, jaggery (or brown sugar), cumin powder, red chilli powder, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Mix in the water thoroughly.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, puree it in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Refrigerate the sweet tamarind chutney sauce in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Hot Sauce Gourmet Gift Set
Dressings: Over 200 Recipes
Hot Sauce Variety Pack
The Art Of The Perfect Sauce
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Homemade Olive Bread with Aioli Recipe
Spicy Tomato Terracotta Sauce Recipe
Tomato Puree With Parsley Recipe